The Delaware County Conservation District is a subdivision of State Government, but a service of County Government. The District is guided by a board of volunteer directors appointed by County Council from a list of nominations from concerned groups throughout the County. The District evaluates problems, implements programs, and advocates for effective solutions dealing with natural resource protection and conservation.
News and Updates
- Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, the March Conservation District Board Meeting will be held via videoconference and recorded. The Agenda for March is as follows: March 2, 2021 AGENDA Any public comments or questions will be accepted via email at MagargeeE@co.delaware.pa.us prior to the start of the meetings
- Register for Virtual Workshop – Stormwater Maintenance for Homeowners Associations and Property Management Companies
- Conservation District Technician – Application Being Accepted
- Recording of February 2, 2021 Conservation District Board Meeting
- Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, the February Conservation District Board Meeting will be held via videoconference and recorded. The Agenda for February is as follows: February 2, 2021 AGENDA Any public comments or questions will be accepted via email at MagargeeE@co.delaware.pa.us prior to the start of the meetings
- Recording of January 5, 2021 Conservation District Board Meeting
- Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, the December Conservation District Board Meeting will be held via videoconference and recorded. The Agenda for December is as follows: JANUARY 2021 AGENDA Any public comments or questions will be accepted via email at MagargeeE@co.delaware.pa.us prior to the start of the meetings
- Links to Agendas and Recordings for Previous District Meetings held during COVID-19
- 6/30/2020 – All Deliveries can return to using our office address. We still prefer delivery rather than drop off to limit access to the building.
- DEP – Guidance for NPDES Permit Compliance During COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- District Operation and Function during the COVID-19 Emergency – Continuity of Government Services for the Conservation District
- SPOTTED LANTERNFLY INFORMATIONLINK – IDENTIFICATION AND CONTROL METHODS
- Directions for submitting Managed Release Concept B.M.P.s for review
- USDA Tree Assistance Program Updates – Spotted Lanternfly Assistance Available
- 2019 Manure Management Plan Workshops – Summary
- Manure Management Workshops in Delaware County
- 2019 Master Watershed Steward Training in Delaware County
- Spotted Lanternfly Information Session Nov. 2, 2018 – Summary
- Chapter 105 General Permit: E-Permitting Training September 17th 2018
- Stream Maintenance – Booklet from DEP on what you can and what you can not do.
- Spotted Lanternfly Pest Alert
- NPDES PERMIT FEE ANNOUNCEMENT 10/18/2010
- Envirothon Sponsorship Opportunities
- Electronic Version of “Caring for your Streamside Property” brochure
- Delaware County NPDES MS-4 Stormwater Information
- Request for Assistance Form
The mission of the Conservation District is to ensure the wise use of Delaware County’s natural resources and to protect and restore the natural environment through the conservation of its soil, water, and related resources. The Conservation District with the direction and participation of the District Board will support, promote, and execute programs, regulations, and individual efforts, which are consistent with this goal. We will work with individuals, governmental units, and the regulated sector of society to prevent environmental degradation and advocate remediation of past environmental damage. Services will be provided in an expeditious, thorough, and considerate manner. Voluntary compliance will be the preferred method of administering all regulatory programs assigned to us, but we will follow through with the most appropriate enforcement action when violations cannot be resolved cooperatively.
Major Program Responsibilities:
- Chapter 102 Erosion Control: Administration of the State’s program to control sediment pollution from earth disturbance activities.
- National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (N.P.D.E.S.) Processes applications and seeks compliance towards storm water discharge permits for Construction Activities.
- Chapter 105 Waterways and Wetlands General Permitting: Assists applicants with permit information. Processes general permits for work within wetlands and streams.
- Pennsylvania Natural Diversity Inventory Computer checks for endangered or threaten plants and animals within proposed construction areas.
- County Stormwater MS-4 Coordinator: Inspects and monitors all stormwater discharges from County facilities
Conservation District Initiated Programs:
- Envirothon– An annual environmental competition for High School Students. Coordinate cooperation of most Environmental Agencies operating in Delaware County.
- Conservation Poster Contest – An annual event in which posters with environmental themes are submitted by Schools. Prizes are awarded in five divisions.
- Construction Industry Award – Annual a Developer and Contractor are selected for the best efforts in erosion and sediment control prevention.
- Southeast Pennsylvania Association of Conservation Districts (S.E.P.A.)- Consists of Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery County Conservation Districts. The purpose of the group is to combine resources to work on issues of mutual concern. Educational Videos Have produced 10 training videos on various environmental issues or regulations.
- Mini-grant Program – Annually distributes approximately $3,000.00 to groups for environmental projects in grants, which do not exceed $500.00, each.